Designing drinking water production facilities
Facilities designed by Stereau deliver excellent quality water that complies fully with all regulations, and removes micropollutants that are being identified more and more frequently in trace quantities.
Our drinking water treatment solutions
- Flotation settling
- Exclusive processes using continual renewal activated carbon reactors
- Reverse osmosis
- low pressure: water softening and treatment of micropollutants
- high pressure: seawater desalination
CarboPlus®, advanced micropollutant removal
This exclusive process has been developed out of more than 10 years of feedback from treatment plants using activated carbon in suspension.
- Efficient: CarboPlus® eliminates a very broad spectrum of micropollutants, including plant protection products (triazines, urea derivatives and their detectable by-products, glyphosate, AMPA, etc.), drug residues, chlorinated solvents and organochlorides.
- Economical: located upstream of the final filtration stage, CarboPlus® is easy to install in new or existing drinking water production plants. It consumes little energy and few or no reagents.
- Flexible: it operates successfully with a broad range of activated carbons.
“Using activated carbon in micro-granular form allows us to isolate carbon particles from the rest of the sludge so that we can then recover and regenerate the carbon content. Undesirable pesticide molecules and by-products trapped in the activated carbon are then destroyed during regeneration by combustion at high temperatures. The regenerated carbon is then reused by the plant in a continuous recycling loop.”
Jean Pérot, inventor of the CarboPlus® process
- Simple: new carbon is injected automatically. Carbon dosage is adjustable to suit the quality of water treated, and can be adapted easily to accommodate seasonal variations.
- Easy to control: the R&D department has developed the Predict-THM software tool driven by sensors and AI algorithms to control processing rates with extreme accuracy.