Updated on May 05, 2022
1. THE DATA CONTROLLER
The data controller is SAUR, a French Joint Stock Company registered in Nanterre, France under no. 339 379 984; registered address: 11, chemin de Bretagne, 92130 Issy-les-Moulineaux.
2. THE PERSONAL DATA THAT WE PROCESS
We need to gather and process the following personal data:
– identification data (for instance: family name, first name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number);
– data concerning your private life (for instance: situation in terms of housing, owner or tenant, main or secondary residence, various behaviours);
– connection data (for instance: IP address, connection logs);
– consumption and geo-location data (for instance: meter readings, characteristics of the meter, meter location);
– commercial data (for instance: subscription, correspondence with Customer Service, data needed to conduct satisfaction surveys, compile statistics);
– data about invoices and payment defaults (for instance: means of payment used and payment history, transaction data, invoices);
– recruitment data (for instance: CV, cover letter).
Should your personal data be gathered via a form, you will be informed about the mandatory nature of the information by the positioning of an asterisk (*) next to the fields involved. Should there be no asterisk, the information requested is not mandatory.
Only the personal data that is strictly necessary for the purposes described below shall be gathered.
3. THE LEGAL BASIS OF THE DATA PROCESSING
Your personal data is gathered and processed on the following legal basis:
– as part of the performance of a contract;
– for purposes of legitimate interest;
– based on your consent;
– to ensure compliance with our statutory and regulatory obligations.
4. THE PURPOSES OF THE DATA PROCESSING
Your personal data is processed for the following purposes:
– management, processing and monitoring of your subscription;
– management of our relationship with you and of any telephone or written correspondence as part of our technical support and/or customer support functions;
– monitoring and analysing your consumptions and issuing alerts in case of excess consumption;
– installation of the remote meter reading server;
– management of your rights and of any requests you make to exercise your rights;
– management of the provision of the water services;
– our statutory and regulatory obligations to the local authorities, such as the information we provide to the local authorities, the periodic transmission of your meter readings from wireless modules installed on the meters;
– management of all operating call-outs;
– information and marketing campaigns;
–improvement and optimisation of the quality of our services and of our web site;
– management of invoicing, measures to combat fraud and debt recovery in case of a payment default;
– compilation of statistics, analyses and audience measurements;
– conducting satisfaction surveys about our services;
– management of recruitment operations.
5. THE PERIOD OF RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data is only kept for the duration that is strictly necessary for the accomplishment of the purposes for which it is gathered and processed.
By default, your connection, navigation and traffic data is not kept for longer than 1 year.
Nevertheless your personal data may be kept for a longer period of time if this is required by any statutory and regulatory obligations.
6. THE RECIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The recipients of your personal data shall be the following persons, depending on the Data Processing tasks that are performed:
– the internal departments of Saur;
– the service providers who work for us to achieve the abovementioned purposes;
– the local authorities that organise water services;
– the public servants in charge of accounting and administrative operations;
– the public treasury and the banking, financial or postal institutions involved in any debt recovery operations;
– the State bodies that are empowered to monitor or take action in this respect.
Your personal data will not normally be transferred to a country located outside the European Union. However, should this be the case, we undertake to ensure that such transfers take place in keeping with the applicable regulations or with rules and regulations that provide an adequate and equivalent level of protection.
7. YOUR RIGHTS CONCERNING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the following rights over your personal data:
– a right of access;
– a right of disclosure;
– a right of rectification;
– a right of erasure – this right may only be exercised provided that it does not jeopardise the performance of a contract or our compliance with our statutory and regulatory obligations;
– a right to set limits to the processing of your personal data;
– rights to alter and/or withdraw at any point in time any consents granted for the processing of your personal data based solely on your consent;
– a right to oppose any given processing of your personal data;
– a right to demand the portability of your personal data.
You also have the right to issue general and/or specific directives concerning the fate of your personal data and the way in which you wish your rights to be exercised after your death.
In order to ensure that the information that we hold about you is always accurate, we recommend that you regularly update your personal data.
You may send any request to exercise your rights over your personal data by contacting us:
– by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org ; or
– by post to SAUR S.A.S., For the attention of the Data Protection Officer, 11 Chemin de Bretagne, 92130 Issy-les-Moulineaux, France.
You may also register free of charge on the list of persons opposed to telephone canvassing known as Bloctel and managed by Opposetel under a public service delegation.
In case of dissatisfaction, you have the right to file a complaint with the data protection regulator:
Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL)
3 Place de Fontenoy
75334 PARIS CEDEX 07
Tel: +33 1 53 73 22 22
Cookies and other tracking devices may be installed and/or read in your browser when you visit our Site.
The cookies that are deposited by Saur are designed solely to facilitate the transmission of technical data. Users agree to Saur placing one or more cookies on the hard disk of their computer, so as to enable and facilitate browsing and accessibility to the Site. These cookies can be deleted at any point in time by the user. (Learn more about : http://www.cnil.fr/vos-libertes/vos-traces/les-cookies)
9. CONTACTING OUR DATA PROTECTION OFFICER (DPO)
You may contact our DPO:
– by e-mail at email@example.com;
– by post, to SAUR S.A.S., For the attention of the Data Protection Officer, 11 Chemin de Bretagne, 92130 Issy-les-Moulineaux, France.
10. THE SECURITY MEASURES WE TAKE
As the data controller, we take all the requisite measures to preserve the security and the confidentiality of your data, and in particular to prevent it from being tampered with or accessed by unauthorised third parties. To that end, we implement all the requisite technical and organisational measures to guarantee an appropriate level of security that is suited to the risks at hand. Moreover, we ensure that our subcontractors comply with the data protection rules.
This policy may change over time and is therefore likely to be modified from time to time. In case of minor modifications, the new policy will be put online on the Site under the dedicated section. In case of significant modifications covering for instance the purposes of the processing of your personal data or the exercising of your rights, we shall keep you duly informed.